Make a Gift
How to Make a Gift
You have many options to support Ursuline:
Want to make a difference immediately? Use your credit card at our secure online giving site
to make your gift today.
Please send your check (made payable to Ursuline College) to the address below:
2550 Lander Road
Pepper Pike, OH 44124
Our team is happy to help you make your gift or answer your questions. Please call Patrick Riley, Director of Development, at 440 684 6022.
Types of Gifts
The Rebuilding Campaign
Please visit ursuline.edu/rebuild
for complete information.
The Annual Fund
The Annual Fund is the vehicle that contributes to and supports Ursuline's vibrant campus on a daily basis. Tuition covers 88% of the $25 million it takes to run the college each year. Ursuline's major sources of income are tuition and fees and return on investments. Annual gifts from alumnae and friends are extremely important to the life of the college. It is only with your continued support that Ursuline College can maintain and improve its position as a leader in women-focused education. Your contribution will:
- provide increased scholarships and financial aid to students
- support individual attention to students and help to maintain small class sizes
- offset the rising cost of operating expenses
- assist in the continual upgrade of our technology
- fund faculty and student development
- help support Ursuline's core values:
Ursuline College exists for our students. All our programs, policies and activities are aimed at our students' development into mature, spiritual, professional, dedicated, loving and just members of society.
- Spirituality: While Ursuline College finds its mission within the Catholic and Ursuline Tradition, the College is open to students of all faiths. The spirituality we seek to offer our students concerns the way they relate to God, to each other and to the earth. It helps them to make sense of their existence as they seek to understand themselves and find inner peace.
- Respect: A fundamental belief for Ursuline College is that every human person is created in the image and likeness of God and is destined to eternal life. Therefore, each person is entitled to reverence and respect as she develops and unfolding sense of herself within the context of ever-widening circles of community.
- Collaboration: Each individual Ursuline student brings to her education unique gifts and talents. They are encouraged in a variety of settings, activities and environments to bring these gifts into collaboration with others. In doing so they gradually appreciate and develop the skills of working as a team.
You can choose to make a one time donation or split your gift into equal monthly payments.
"You know that Ursuline aspires to educate, not necessarily the titans of industry, but the salt of the earth. It is a small school that tells its students - teach, create, heal, care, design, write, serve, lead, give, seek justice, speak your truth, continue to learn throughout your life - and above all, do what you do with compassion and an abiding respect for every person you meet along the way."
- Sr. Joanne Gross, O.S.U., J.D.
Ursuline College Board of Trustees
Excerpt from her acceptance speech on receiving the Amadeus Rappe Award
Ursuline Gift Club Levels:
Each alum or friend of Ursuline who contributes to the Annual Fund is acknowledged and recognized through one of the following giving levels:
- President's Society ($10,000 +)
- St. Angela Society ($5,000 - $9,999)
- St. Ursula Society ($2,500 - $4,999)
- Sr. Kenan Society ($1,000 - $2,499)
- Annunciation Club ($500 - $999)
- Mother Marie Club ($250 - $499)
- 1871 Club ($135 - $249)
- Fleur-De-Lis Club (up to $134.00)
The Annual Fund Advisory Board
The Advisory Board assists the development director in planning and carrying out the many activities related to the Annual Fund. They meet three times a year and take an active role in the Phonathon.
Securing the endowment is extremely important for the future of Ursuline College. The income earned from the endowment fund provides support for student scholarships and scholarly activities of the faculty. It also provides support to maintain buildings and for general needs of the college. The endowment fund supports and secures the efforts of the College to carry forward its mission. Gifts to the endowment can fund such areas as faculty chairs, student scholarships, building upkeep and general college needs.
Endowed chairs allow Ursuline to build on and strengthen well-regarded programs at the college. Endowing a chair is a very significant contribution to assisting Ursuline in its mission. In a very real way an endowed chair is one of the most powerful and enduring legacies a benefactor could bestow on Ursuline College. Through such a gift, a donor continues to impact the lives of Ursuline students into perpetuity. The endowing of an academic chair or professorship requires the donation of at least $1 million.
Like many colleges and universities, Ursuline College's budget is tuition driven with 88% of its income coming from tuition and fees. As operating costs continue to rise, tuition rates increase unless alternate sources of funding are secured. The creation of new scholarship funds is one way of helping to ensure that talented women and men who desire an Ursuline education can attend.
Anyone who would like to make a donation to Ursuline College in memory or friend or loved one is welcome to do so. You may also want to memorialize your entire family or an important event. There are a wide variety of possibilities for memorial donations such as creating an endowed scholarship or sending a memorial gift to be used by a specific department or academic area.
Senior Gift Program
In order to assist our seniors in developing a spirit of philanthropy to Ursuline, we've created the Senior Class Gift Program as an aspect of the Annual Fund. Each senior is asked to sign the Senior Class Gift Commitment Form and to donate $10.00. The commitment form invites them to give a gift of increasing amounts each year for the first five years after their graduation. Any senior who signs the commitment form and maintains the annual donation schedule will be honored with a brick with her/his name inscribed on it. These bricks will form part of a walkway in a prominent place on campus.
Faculty and Staff Appeal
Each year the entire faculty and staff are requested to make a donation to the Annual Appeal. Knowing the importance of the annual fund to the life of the college, a large percentage of faculty members, administrators and staff personnel support this appeal.